What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Documents required for disinfectants

Started by , Aug 15 2019 11:16 AM
7 Replies

Hello everyone!
Please, tell me, which documents required for disinfectants for hands on a food plant?

I know, that needed MSDS, may be some document confirming this disinfectant can be used on food plant, and what else?

Must there be a certificate of analysis for each delivery?

Thank you in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? Effective Documents Documents for Raw materials and packaging Controlled Documents List
[Ad]

Certificate of analysis for what exactly? An MSDS, yes. Also make sure you put it in the list of chemicals/sanitation used in the plant, like on the cabinet outside, and mention it in your sanitation program SOP (who uses it, who fills them in dispensers, when to use...etc). Also what is your FS scheme/standard?

We are certified on standard BRC. With all materials we receive COAs. Aren't there made analytsis on each batch? And what is SOP? It's not Prerequisite program?

We are certified on standard BRC. With all materials we receive COAs. Aren't there made analytsis on each batch? And what is SOP? It's not Prerequisite program?

Not really a BRC user however, It isn't really a food product/material. I don't see why you would need a COA. A spec sheet, an MSDS. Yes but no COA. 

Recently I started working in this field. Our previous supplier provided a quality certificate and a new one did not. I needed to make sure. Thank you.
I have last question.
A specification is a required document for disinfectant?

As specification I mean like % alcohol and some info about it, it can all be in an MSDS. But as far as COA, nope, no need. And a quality cert yes, once they give it to you like as a guarantee, right? But you don;t need a "coa" with every shipment. I am an SQF user, and auditors never asked for that stuff. Not sure how it is for BRC. But it could be very similar.

1 Thank
  • SDS (Safety Data Sheet)
  • Technical Data Sheet (it must reference the directions / instructions for use including dilution rates, time on surfance, temperature, etc)

In the USA chemical / sanitation suppliers also provide a letter of guarantee indicating the chemical is fit for use in food establishments.  Not sure if that is something your chemical supplier can provide for you.  See attachment of a sanitizer we use which can also be a disinfectant depending on application.

1 Thank

Hello everyone!
Please, tell me, which documents required for disinfectants for hands on a food plant?

I know, that needed MSDS, may be some document confirming this disinfectant can be used on food plant, and what else?

Must there be a certificate of analysis for each delivery?

Thank you in advance!

Receiver requirements often relate to the mandated necessities. Sometimes these are Local Regulatory, sometimes  they are related to Certification, eg customer requirement to be a GFSI-recognised supplier, etc etc.

IMEX, in some Locations, some Companies regard the details, eg specific composition, of their Products as confidential although they will inform as to the active ingredient and its SDS Properties.  In such cases, the maximum FS "guarantee" may be Product Literature stating that the item is "suitable", eg Food-Safe, for use in a food manufacturing environment. The acceptability (or not) then devolves into having an "Approved Supplier" situation/requirements on the Receiver-side.

PS - I know local terminologies/definitions vary but I intensely dislike the ("medical" ?) word "disinfectant". Maybe "Sanitizer" ?. :smile:

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? Effective Documents Documents for Raw materials and packaging Controlled Documents List What documents are required for audit when Sourcing ingredients from wholesaler? What are you doing for numbering and ordering your documents? What is the FDA requirements on holding documents on line? Auto archiving systems and quality assurance documents Supporting documents to show the removal of a product from the inventory?