What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hydrated batter Temperature

Started by , Aug 21 2019 01:52 PM
1 Reply

I have the study below.  Does anybody know if there is a study that shows how long you can safely use batter that is kept at 60 degrees F. or below????  I understand that it says 12 hours for 50 - 70 degrees.  But, is there something that specifically says a safe time for 50, 60, and 70 degrees F.?

https://www.fda.gov/.../80319/download

However, toxin formation is not likely at temperatures lower than 50°F (10°C) or at water activities below 0.85. For this reason, toxin formation can be controlled by minimizing exposure of hydrated batter mixes to temperatures above 50°F (10°C). Exposure times greater than 12 hours at temperatures between 50°F (10°C) and 70°F (21.1°C) could result in toxin formation. Exposure times greater than 3 hours at temperatures above 70°F (21.1°C) could also result in toxin formation.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hydrated batter temperatures Critical limits for b.cereus and s.aureus in hydrated batters Does anyone have experience with hydrated batter systems?
[Ad]

I have the study below.  Does anybody know if there is a study that shows how long you can safely use batter that is kept at 60 degrees F. or below????  I understand that it says 12 hours for 50 - 70 degrees.  But, is there something that specifically says a safe time for 50, 60, and 70 degrees F.?

Hi QA.

Not sure as to yr process but, anecdotally, IMEX. if you are running a tempura batter applicator at 6odegF-UP the FDA will not be overjoyed since, as you know, this is a typical CCP.

As I understand, it can be done but only if the residence time is "short" and there is associated micro. data to "support".

Similar Discussion Topics
Hydrated batter temperatures Critical limits for b.cereus and s.aureus in hydrated batters Does anyone have experience with hydrated batter systems?