What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Document Requirements

Started by , Aug 22 2019 09:02 PM
4 Replies

Hi all. 

I am a brand new QA Director/Manager at a plant with a dedicated SQF practioner. Being new, I am reviewing documents to determine gaps and issues. 

To my understanding, isn't there a requirement for an annual documentation review?  Would the document date stand until it is updated, or does it need to display that it was reviewed on an annual basis? ie the "supersedes" portion of the document identifier. I am seeing docs with no designation of "new" or "supersedes" that are from 2017...

I come from the ISO/BRC world so forgive me if I am not correct. 

Appreciate any help on this. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature recording document in Excel New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor?
[Ad]

We and all of our clients conduct (at minium) the required SQF Annual Management Review of the entire system, all documents etc.

With few exceptions all clients have a standard document indicating when the system was reviewed, findings and corrective actions are noted. 

The statement is signed off of by those participating in the annual review - normally members of senior management and/or ownership and the SQF Practitioner.

While not all - some do issue the date of the review onto the actual documents, and if changes are made a supercede will appear along with a recording of changes and dates appearing on the system register.

We have over 75 SOPs outside of FSMS documents / procedures (there were over 170 when I took over) all of which need to be reviewed at least annually. We divided them into 12 groups and perform reviews every month. System documents are also divided into groups and are reviewed in the month they are scheduled.

Create a document register and list all your documents, forms, procedures etc. then add a column for frequency of review, current version/ issue date, last date reviewed, reviewed by etc. this will make your life easier as monitoring will be a breeze.

Frequency of review of each document will depend on your procedure, so can be annual, every 2 years, or 3 years and there is not requirement for frequency as long a you are in control of your documents and records. However, the entire SQF System must be reviewed annually, as you already know that.

Hi all. 

I am a brand new QA Director/Manager at a plant with a dedicated SQF practioner. Being new, I am reviewing documents to determine gaps and issues. 

To my understanding, isn't there a requirement for an annual documentation review?  Would the document date stand until it is updated, or does it need to display that it was reviewed on an annual basis? ie the "supersedes" portion of the document identifier. I am seeing docs with no designation of "new" or "supersedes" that are from 2017...

I come from the ISO/BRC world so forgive me if I am not correct. 

Appreciate any help on this. 

You might consider looking at the SQF Guidance material.

Unlike iso/BRC it's free.

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature recording document in Excel New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Document Control Requirements for Work In Process WIP Requirements for packaging BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment