What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is testing of air quality in biscuit manufacturing mandatory?

Started by , Aug 28 2019 06:16 AM
10 Replies

Good Day Everyone, 

May I ask if the testing of air quality on manufacturing of biscuits is a must? or is there any regulatory standards requiring to test the air quality?

Thank You in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion
[Ad]

Hi Arromero

The simple answer is no. there is no requirement to test the quality of air in the biscuit manufacturing facilities

kind regards

Dr Humaid Khan

Managing Director

Halal International Services 
Australia 

1 Thank

Hi,

If you are FSSC 22000 Certified; then Environmental Monitoring is a must.

You must test the micro B parameters of the air in your production area; if 

you are using compressed air that comes into contact with the product you

are making or you use it in the manufacturing process, then you would

also need to have that air tested not only for microbes but for other contaminants

like oil and particulate matter.

1 Thank

Air as in "compressed air"? How are you using it in your facility? Is it coming into direct contact with your food? If yes, then you should test air quality. This is my knowledge for SQF if you are SQF.

1 Like

Hi Arromero

The simple answer is no. there is no requirement to test the quality of air in the biscuit manufacturing facilities

kind regards

Dr Humaid Khan

Managing Director

Halal International Services 
Australia 

Thank You Dr Humai Khan. :)

if compressed air is a part of your production then testing is must, test your compressed air against the standard- ISO 8573. and also note that you should adhere to the requirements of pollution control board as well for ambient air .

1 Thank

Good Day Everyone, 

May I ask if the testing of air quality on manufacturing of biscuits is a must? or is there any regulatory standards requiring to test the air quality?

Thank You in advance.

So which FS Standard was involved (if any) ?

FSSC 22000 Additional Requirements  Environmental Monitoring Clause 2.1.4.7

FSSC 22000 Additional Requirements  Environmental Monitoring Clause 2.1.4.7

Thks but my query was posed to the OP.

Dear Arromero
It is also depend on your customer , some will request for it.
In my previous experince, we did conduct air monitoring test annually.

Rgds

Sent from my vivo 1609 using Tapatalk

Air as in "compressed air"? How are you using it in your facility? Is it coming into direct contact with your food? If yes, then you should test air quality. This is my knowledge for SQF if you are SQF.

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion SQF 2.3.2 - Mandatory Elements Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced Salary for Quality Control Supervisor