What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to make process for extraction of spices in water more efficient?

Started by , Sep 02 2019 07:59 AM
3 Replies

Hi, I make a bottled chai concentrate (spices, tea, water). As the business is growing I am looking for ways to streamline / simplify the extraction process without introducing any strong solvents that will alter the flavour of the product. At the moment we finely grind the (mixed) spices, boil them in water for 60mins, filter off the extract, repeat this process with the same spices and fresh water. Then filter again and heat-seal in glass bottles. Any recommendations for flavourless solvents / organic acids and % and/or changes in the process would be greatly appreciated - there is a lot of literature online that I am struggling to get my head around!

Many thanks in advance.

Lucy

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Packing process for a new beverage Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water
[Ad]

Hi Lucy

As making this process more efficient has commercial benefits so I do not think that people r going to give you this know how free.

There are many ways to achieve outstanding results fro this process.

Kind regaards

D Humaid Khan

Managing Director

Halal International Services

Australia

Hi Hamid, thanks for your response. I am just a one-man-band here with very limited resources, relying on the good will of people in the know. Hopefully there is someone out there who is willing to provide some pointers or a little literature.

All the best

Lucy

You may find some additional help on a site called reddit. Google "food science reddit". You need to register to post but it is quick/easy. 

Good luck!

Similar Discussion Topics
Packing process for a new beverage Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor You couldn’t make it up… BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Requirements for Work In Process WIP Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps