What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is an ISO 9001,/14001 interpretation/appreciation course mandatory?

Started by , Sep 06 2019 04:50 AM
2 Replies

Hi all,

This is specific for ISO management-system standards, 9001, 14001. I have seen CB auditors usually ask for a record of a training/course on how to interpret and understand clauses & sentences of an ISO standard. An outside party must provide such a seminar to directors and internal auditors. They say this is to comply the competence clauses, and quite look down on self-studying people.

So. must managers, directors and internal auditors attend to an ISO interpretation course to prove good competences? Is this mentioned in any ISO standard as a true requirement?

Thanks in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF 2.3.2 - Mandatory Elements SSAFE Risk Assessment Tool (Report Interpretation) Mandatory certificates or courses for SQF Measurement uncertainty interpretation Interpretation of micro testing guide
[Ad]

Hi Beautiophile

To me your CB auditor may belong to a company which also provide staff training and he is trying to hard sell training to u.

No there is no specific requirement for director for practitioners to undergo such training in any ISO standard. The SQF system as far as I know would like the practitioners to attend the training course and preferably sit in an examination if  the practitioner would like to use the title as Certified SQF Practitioner. most companies in Australia though will employ QA staff who has done the course but decided  not to sit in the examination

Kind regards

Dr Humaid Khan

Managing Director

Halal International Services

Australia

Thank you, Dr. Khan,

Our company's CB doesn't provide training courses. I think they are fooled by consulting companies. Those companies are trying to make it a de facto practice.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF 2.3.2 - Mandatory Elements SSAFE Risk Assessment Tool (Report Interpretation) Mandatory certificates or courses for SQF Measurement uncertainty interpretation Interpretation of micro testing guide Interpretation of APHA standard for APC in air Integrating ISO 9001-2015 and ISO 22000-2018 in Facilities Management & Catering Services off sites in canteens, Corporate, Hospitals and schools EMS 14001: 2015 Is wearing a mask mandatory in the factory candy packaging? Suggestions on food safety program best fit with ISO 9001