What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Accredited lab report vs Company Letterhead

Started by , Sep 12 2019 02:40 PM
4 Replies

I was having a discussion with an aquaintance recently regarding external lab testing and how reported values are communicated to the customer. He requires that his admin team transpose external results onto company letterhead even in instances where the external report represents the entirety of the data to be shared.

Is there a risk in providing external results directly? Conversely, is there a benefit to transposing the results onto company letterhead?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Accredited Lab for Listeriolysin O testing Is there a website to check if a Certification Body is Accredited? Accredited Training Companies Are all internal and external trainings suppose to be from an accredited trainer? Does anyone have any UK experience of achieving vegetarian society accredited status?
[Ad]
I don't have idea why someone would require lab results from on outside source be put on co letterhead unless the person was trying to make it appear that the lab is in house.

And none of our clients practice this.
1 Like1 Thank

I can't think of any risk, if everything is above board. I would be very sceptical of a supplier that would not be willing to share a direct lab report.

1 Like

I can't think of any risk, if everything is above board. I would be very sceptical of a supplier that would not be willing to share a direct lab report.

I completely agree with this - taking the results off the laboratories report diminishes their credibility, IMO.
If the results are legitimate and from an accredited laboratory then I want to see them on the report with the laboratory details and confirmation of their accreditation (usually they should confirm if any tests are outside the scope of the accreditation etc).

If I were the receiving company I would request the results from the lab and NOT accept results on company letterhead. I too would be very skeptical why I wasn't getting lab results directly from the accredited lab.

Similar Discussion Topics
Accredited Lab for Listeriolysin O testing Is there a website to check if a Certification Body is Accredited? Accredited Training Companies Are all internal and external trainings suppose to be from an accredited trainer? Does anyone have any UK experience of achieving vegetarian society accredited status? Did we need to use accredited sieves for sieving process? What are accredited lab testing benefits ? Accredited Version of ISO22000:2018 Is accredited approval needed to label meat halal? Check Weights against Accredited Weights