What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

One piece disposable "penguin" or "fish" style knives?

Started by , Sep 20 2019 07:50 PM

Also on a minor note, you may have better luck with responses in the "BRC Packaging" forum rather than "SQF Food"  ;)

https://www.ifsqn.co...food-packaging/

3 Replies

We are BRC Packaging issue 5 Low Hygiene certified.  One of our buildings is needing a High Hygiene certification.

I keep seeing articles and threads regarding the use of blades/knives in production.  The thing I cannot find is who uses the one piece disposable "penguin"  or "fish" style knives?  Also, if we chose to use this style, do we still need to have a blade control and check out procedure? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
COOL - Substantial Transformation of fish (USA) Chef-style clothing or factory-style? Shelf life issue fresh fish Production plan on fish pie with sweet potato croquette in a mushroom sauce and puff pastry Cutting fresh water fish
[Ad]

Hi djammur

The short answer is yes as purpose of this exercise is to ensure that no blade is missing so w still need to do the tally of blades issued and blades recovered at then end of the production. The baldes handed in after the production should also be checked for any damage/

Kind regards

Dr Humaid Khan

MD 

Halal International Services

Australia

1 Thank

We are BRC Packaging issue 5 Low Hygiene certified.  One of our buildings is needing a High Hygiene certification.

I keep seeing articles and threads regarding the use of blades/knives in production.  The thing I cannot find is who uses the one piece disposable "penguin"  or "fish" style knives?  Also, if we chose to use this style, do we still need to have a blade control and check out procedure? 

I expect so, looking at clause high hygiene 4.9.2.3:

Sharp cutting instruments used in the manufacture of packaging materials shall be controlled to prevent product contamination. This shall include control into and out of the factory.

The interpretation guidelines for this clause goes on to say that the auditor will look for evidence of a working procedure for the control of sharp blades....signed record of the issue and return of all blades...control must be verified as part of internal audits.

1 Thank

Also on a minor note, you may have better luck with responses in the "BRC Packaging" forum rather than "SQF Food"  ;)

https://www.ifsqn.co...food-packaging/

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
COOL - Substantial Transformation of fish (USA) Chef-style clothing or factory-style? Shelf life issue fresh fish Production plan on fish pie with sweet potato croquette in a mushroom sauce and puff pastry Cutting fresh water fish Can an undetected test piece be considered a physical hazard in a metal detection process? Cutting and creasing knives file industry standard for wearing disposable masks in honey manufacturing Making HACCP in fish factory How do you dispose of knives?