What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Categorizing Procedure for Ice Cream Hazard Analyses ?

Started by , Oct 01 2019 01:52 PM
4 Replies

Working on my hazard analysis for an ice cream company. For ingredients that have both fruit and chocolate together, what category should my hazard be under? I have two categories to choose from..a chocolate hazard group and a fresh fruit hazard group. Items I am currently confused about are cherry truffles and rasp truffles...any suggestions?? 

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Categorizing Suppliers Using Risk Assessment What is the best method for categorizing of control measures?
[Ad]

Who has mandated the two current hazard groups - is this a regulatory thing or an internal choice?

Do the ingredients with combined chocolate and fruit fit into one of these categories in terms of their nature, potential hazards, safety etc?

If not then creating an appropriate category for these would potentially be a sensible move.

I am referring to a database as a reference for my hazards. Yes I have to investigate because I have many items that fall under two plus categories. 

afaik it's more (haccp) usual to group products by category.

The basis of the grouping is often (ultimately) quite flexible, eg commonality of flow chart/CCPs.

Probably need some context to say much more

Based on the little information given, i would suggest the chocolate hazard group because most chocolate contains soy which is an allergen.

Having an allergen present or not would result in different labeling, sanitation, and allergen program preventative controls.   

Similar Discussion Topics
Categorizing Suppliers Using Risk Assessment What is the best method for categorizing of control measures?