What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Jam and Jellies Finished Product Micro Testing

Started by , Oct 08 2019 10:50 PM
1 Reply

Hello,

I have a curious question, anyone else with jam/jelly exposure testing finish product and if so at what amount?

Example: Tests Micros from every batch of jam/jelly prior to release for pathogens and spoiling agents. 

I have moved to composite testing as they were doing every batch but historically we've never seen a positive. We're a high brix, low pH product that is pasteurized essentially twice. 

Any feedback helps - oh SQF facility btw.  TIA!!!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion
[Ad]

What is the reason to test finished batches for pathogens? I'm curious because you have a low risk product and what seems to be a low risk process.

Only potential is what is the likelihood of post process contamination?  I'm assuming you are hot filling?  If so...the risk is almost zero...seems like a waste of time and money to me.  

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product?