What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Handling/Dosing Anhydrous Caffeine

Started by , Oct 09 2019 07:22 PM
2 Replies

Hi All! It's been a while!

I'm potentially bringing anhydrous caffeine into my facility to scale up an R&D project, but the stuff scares the heck out of me from a safety perspective. As far as food safety I feel pretty good about being able to verify end product concentrations etc., but does anyone else out there handle this material and willing to share how they weigh up and add to liquids like energy drinks in a safe and controlled manner?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Lotion in Food Handling Areas Air Handling Units service provider Documentation Handling wash containers and tools in a high care zone Decision Tree for complaint handling
[Ad]

Pharmaceutical manufacturers typically blend in stages to ensure even mixing and proper dosing. For example, one might mix 10 g of caffeine with 90 g of dextrose, mix well, and then mix that 100 g of blend with 900 g of dextrose, mix well, and so on.

1 Thank

We do not use caffeine but have a product that gets fortified with vitamins A and D.  We have our lab weigh and verify each addition and each batch gets signed off by the lab personnel.

Similar Discussion Topics
Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Lotion in Food Handling Areas Air Handling Units service provider Documentation Handling wash containers and tools in a high care zone Decision Tree for complaint handling SOP for Handling of Expired Raw Materials Organic Handling and Processing Storage and Handling of Glass Regulations on handling adverse events and complaints in the food industry Handling UPC codes