What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is there any method by which protein content can be analysed fast?

Started by , Oct 11 2019 12:56 PM
3 Replies

Is there any method by which protein content can be analysed fast( say within a couple of hours)? I know Kjeldahl is being widely used to check protein content. I have also seen Rapid Protein Analyser which gives the protein content within minutes(but is rather expensive).

Please share your thoughts.

I am coming to the forum again after a few years' break. I used to be active during my Ghana days(2006-11) and I have been benefited substantially through this forum when we were in the process of introducing FSMS and succeeded in being the first company in Ghana to be ISO 22000 certified(that was in 2007). 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? How to calculate the juice content from formula? PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) Calculating percent (%) DV (daily value) for protein?
[Ad]

I know NIR machine provides a huge database for food and can test result within minute. Costs like 30+ grands

1 Like

Yes.  A number of instruments capable of doing this with a wide variety of foods.  Can get quite expensive...

Check with FOSS analytics.

https://www.fossanal...n/productfinder

1 Like

You could also try the LECO equipment - it's quite accurate but not cheap....

https://uk.leco-euro...tein-analysers/

Similar Discussion Topics
Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? How to calculate the juice content from formula? PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) Calculating percent (%) DV (daily value) for protein? Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters What is the name of the protein that causes allergies? HACCP Guidance Plant Based Protein Meat Alternatives. Standard Bread Baking Method Test method documentation and details