What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

SQF Product Label Requirements

Started by , Oct 16 2019 02:07 PM
3 Replies

I looked through the SQF modules and I did not see anything regarding labeling requirements or label control for products made in house. Does anyone have any insight about writing up labeling SOPs? I just had an incident at my new job where I just so happen to catch a mislabel. After digging deeper I found out there were no written policies on printing/checking a label.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements
[Ad]

The label guidelines in the SQF Code apply to in-house labeling as well.

1 Thank

The label guidelines in the SQF Code apply to in-house labeling as well.

What module is that? 2.3.5?

A search of "label" on SQF Edition 8.1:

2.3.2.3, 2.4.7.1, 2.6.1.1, 2.8.1.8

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Question about a Misleading label Requirements for Work In Process WIP