What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Iso 9001: Training Records - 6.2.2 E

Started by , Apr 14 2004 10:52 AM
4 Replies
ISO 9001:2000, 6.2.2 Competence, awareness and training - section (e) requires us to:

"maintain appropriate records of education, training, skills and experience"

I wanted to know what kind of systems people have in place for this:

- centralised /decentralised?
- methods of recording (individual training records, global training records, matrices)?

I'm especially interested in training or competence matrices, if you use them do you use a numerical rating system or colour coding etc. to denote skill level.

Any input or examples appreciated.

Thanks,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Keeping records of minor mistakes Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? ISO 9001 and 22000 Manual Template HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company
[Ad]
Simon,

Please see attached - if you have any questions, let me know.

Regards

Richard

Attached Files

Thanks Richard,

Plenty of detail but pleasing on the eye and brain - excellent! The document mentions a 'skills matrix' is it possible to provide an example without divulging your protected information? By the way is the process managed by a HR department?

Regards,
Simon
Simon,

I have attached a simple version

The matrix is a simple Excel Spreadsheet that uses a traffic light system -

i.e. Green - Fully competent, Amber - part trained/ can provide some cover, Red - Not trained.

This traffic lighting does not give detail of specific tasks / skills more an overview of key process / machines.

The document is used as a working document for supervisors when arranging cover etc.

More specific details are covered in an individuals training plan.

The process owner is the HR Manager although the training itself is controlled / designed & signed off by line management - line management are responsible for keeping training records up to date & ensuring that appropriately skilled and competent people are in post.

Regards

Richard

Attached Files

The process owner is the HR Manager although the training itself is controlled / designed & signed off by line management - line management are responsible for keeping training records up to date & ensuring that appropriately skilled and competent people are in post.

Yep that's very important, thanks for clarifying that mate. You could actually add another colour on there to denote ‘trainer' but then it wouldn't be a traffic light system.

Cheers,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Keeping records of minor mistakes Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? ISO 9001 and 22000 Manual Template HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Effective evaluation methods of food safety training PCQI Training in Portuguese Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 Who can give awareness training to staff on IFS Food? Annual Food Safety & Quality Training