What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

5 Why's and coming up with a root cause

Started by , Oct 23 2019 09:55 PM

Opps! Forgot to attach the file. 

Here it is :)

7 Replies

Hello every one,

Can anyone help me with the 5 why's and coming up with a root cause.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Determining Root Cause Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Is cooking quinoa and burdock root a CCP? How does Root Cause Analysis Rejection affect BRC certificate? Root Cause on Procedural Findings
[Ad]

Do you mean the 5 Ws and an H?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Ws

No I meant when you use the 5 whys to come up with a root cause for non conformity

5 whys are a fairly easy method to do RCA. BUT, you really have to have some education/experience in how to use it.
It's not as simple as asking "why". If you are new to the concept. or members of your team are new to the concept, I would highly recommend some training in basic RCA techniques.

If you are not focused on the answer to "why", you spend a lot of needless time answering the question.

Marshall

1 Like1 Thank
1 Thank

i did google and looks like this might be useful for the report on

5 Whys (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) ; Identify / Determine which factors are root causes and not just symptoms. 

1 Thank

Hi rtorres,

This may help.

See attached file for your reference.

1 Thank

Opps! Forgot to attach the file. 

Here it is :)

Attached Files

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Determining Root Cause Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Is cooking quinoa and burdock root a CCP? How does Root Cause Analysis Rejection affect BRC certificate? Root Cause on Procedural Findings Root Cause - Missing Risk analysis for our clothing policy Root cause of bottled water having a plastic smell? SQF 2.5.3.1 - Corrective actions and root cause Can anyone please help me with the response Corrective, Preventative and Root Cause Root Cause Analysis for Internal Audits