What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Hygiene Training for GlobalG.A.P. inspectors

Started by , Oct 24 2019 05:36 AM
2 Replies

Good day, 

One of the requirements for new inspectors of GlobalG.A.P. is to have completed a course in Food hygiene that covers site management, water, fertilizer, equipment, facilities and personal hygiene, as well as practical case studies. This should be a minimum of 8 hours. I am really struggling to find a suitable course related to farming activities which includes food hygiene, which does not only focus on pack houses. I am looking for a training provider in South Africa to provide this training. 

Otherwise any suggestions, or assistance with were I can find such information to maybe compile my own training? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Are there any firms that do organic methods training/certification? They may be more plant-oriented than the packhouse-oriented firms.

Completely see your difficulty here.... and I do think it's needed - I work with produce and some of our GAP auditors come from an agronomy background not quality/food safety so don't always have full oversight of how farmers/producers can affect food safety.

However multiple food safety courses are available in UK (that's the power of the UK retailers!) so sourcing an appropriate course isn't usually too difficult.

Maybe start with the bigger companies who might be aware of the requirements for this:

https://www.sgs.co.z...ygiene-training

or perhaps your national/local government might be able to assist?.

https://www.daff.gov...nce/Food-Safety

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces