What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Dos anyone have experience of an Online Desk Audit?

Started by , Oct 29 2019 05:41 PM
5 Replies

I am just about to begin the process of re-certification and the certification body suggested an on line desk audit, does anybody has any advice on this kind of audit?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Upcoming NSF Certification Audit How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit
[Ad]

I am just about to begin the process of re-certification and the certification body suggested an on line desk audit, does anybody has any advice on this kind of audit?

Ahh - if this is your standard annual re-cert why do they want to do a desk audit?  Annual re-cert calls for an on-site audit/inspection.  Unless they mean to do a pre-audit review and make some more money from you.

More details please.

I think what they want is to get familiar with your policies before the site audit, if you are up for re-certification you should not undergo trough a desk audit. Or maybe as Glenn suggested they want to do a pre-audit review/check or a gap audit and get $ome more business.

Yes, I am sorry, what happens is that we currently have our certificate withdrawn, we switched certification bodies and are trying to get certified (I thing I misused re-certification) and the certification body made that suggestion, the online desk audit and then the on site audit. So. what you guys think is that they want to take a look at our policies and then perform a full onsite audit? 

Yes, they need to do a desk audit first and then the site audit. Usually you can provide the files electronically for the desk audit.

Yes, I am sorry, what happens is that we currently have our certificate withdrawn, we switched certification bodies and are trying to get certified (I thing I misused re-certification) and the certification body made that suggestion, the online desk audit and then the on site audit. So. what you guys think is that they want to take a look at our policies and then perform a full onsite audit? 

Jose - big difference between what you said in your first post and this one --

Because it was a withdrawel you are starting all over again.

As if you are a brand new application for SQF --

So the CB will do an off-site or on-site (your option either way) Desk Audit - normally done off-site.

and then you do whatever CA's and then you have the on-site certification audit.

Similar Discussion Topics
Upcoming NSF Certification Audit How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing