What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC 9.4.1 documented processes to verify the legality of products

Started by , Nov 01 2019 07:15 PM
2 Replies

Gents, 

I am working on BRCv8 9.4.1: The company shall have documented processes to verify the legality of products.

Need some guidance. 

We produce IQF Frozen Vegetables. 

I am thinking on making a simple check list (did not found one in the web) with legality issues and review (audit) annually. 

The check list will have different questions on the following:

- Weight and measurements.

- Food grade packing

- FDA registration

- Labeling standards

- FSMA 

- Raw material FDA compliance.

- Chemicals compliance. 

etcetera. 

Question: Is this the right track to follow? 

As always, any comment or suggestion is welcomed and thanked.

Regards, Arturo.

México. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen control in fully packaged products Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Thawing of Cooked meats for RTE products Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed
[Ad]

Section 9 of the standard only applies to traded goods - if you are manufacturing the product then you don't need to do anything for it.

pHruit, 

Thanks, now it makes more sense. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen control in fully packaged products Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Thawing of Cooked meats for RTE products Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed Prepackaged Products Consisting of Products Packaged Separately Consuming Expired Products How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Customers want to rent our storage to store their products