What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

2.3.2 Packaging/Label - Raw Materials Specifications

Started by , Nov 04 2019 09:27 PM
3 Replies

Does the raw material specifications entail a table with information pulled from supplier spec sheets?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials How to build a raw materials sampling plan? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water
[Ad]

Does the raw material specifications entail a table with information pulled from supplier spec sheets?

Hi Karlie,

type of product ?

Food grade Labels

1 Thank

I assume you refer to -

2.3.2.1 Specifications for all raw materials, including, but not limited to additives, hazardous chemicals and processing aids that impact food safety of the product shall be documented and kept current.

the Guidance has (and more) -

Specifications must fully describe the materials provided.  Safety-related information in material and input
specifications may include threshold levels for microbiological pathogens (e.g on food contact recycled materials)
and threshold levels for potential chemical or physical contaminants.  The extent to which these factors need to be
included in the specifications will depend on the use of the material and the food safety risk to the products being
produced. 

Not my area but I guess the answer to yr query is Yes (with or w/o a table). :smile:

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials How to build a raw materials sampling plan? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Steamed dumpling packaging Magnets used in plastics packaging processing Food Contact Packaging Letter of Guarantee Example