What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is water dripping from the top pallet onto product below contamination

Started by , Nov 20 2019 03:51 PM
2 Replies

I would like to get feedback on this situation: wet room where farm-produced crops and goods, include vegetables are stored, some products came with ice on top and if are stored in top of non other product or the same product they will get "potentially" water dripping from the top pallet/product that has passed trough the racking and wood (pallet). Do you consider this a contamination? if so, how would you prevent this? if no why?. Food code mention all produce must be washed previous consumption. Then if the product is "organic" ? .

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination?
[Ad]

In my opinion it would be cross contamination as the water would be coming off the pallet which was on a floor at some point. You would need drip trays under the pallet areas or spill pallets to catch the water, both of these would then need to be added to your cleaning schedule. 

I would like to get feedback on this situation: wet room where farm-produced crops and goods, include vegetables are stored, some products came with ice on top and if are stored in top of non other product or the same product they will get "potentially" water dripping from the top pallet/product that has passed trough the racking and wood (pallet). Do you consider this a contamination? if so, how would you prevent this? if no why?. Food code mention all produce must be washed previous consumption. Then if the product is "organic" ? .

like product is stored "on top" of like product - dripping water thru boxes and pallets is contamination and poses a cross-contamination issue.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Is pulling the cords out from the ear buds a risk to contamination? Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Pallet treatment standards for a food facility How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production