What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Unsatisfactory for Pest Control - Help!

Started by , Nov 20 2019 05:01 PM
3 Replies

Dear folks,

One of my facilities just received an unsatisfactory for pest control due to where our bait stations are located. Our compression room is located in a separate building from our processing facility / storage. There in no way to access this building except from the outside by a key card entry. 

On the interior of the wall inside the compression room there is what you would call a "traditional exterior bait trap" for rodents. 

Any way to get this knocked down? I do not believe since the building is not connected to the processing facility or storage that it should be within the scope for the failure. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Top unsatisfactory findings in a GMP inspection and how to avoid them Top unsatisfactory findings in a GMP inspection and how to avoid them Top unsatisfactory findings in a GMP inspection and how to avoid them Sanitation Report for Unsatisfactory Micro Results Can the results of a mock recall be unsatisfactory?
[Ad]

Did you exclude this exterior building?

Exterior bait stations can not be used in a building - there is no way around this one.

It should be a major however and not a failure.

If the building is not included in the scope and the bait station was being stored there, would there actually be a food safety risk? Was it put there for the purpose of pest control? If you administer your own pest control program (which I would not suggest) you would need to store unused equipment somewhere safe, in a non-production area. If it wasn't in the scope, how could he have seen it? Sorry, more questions than answers.

If the building is not included in the scope and the bait station was being stored there, would there actually be a food safety risk? Was it put there for the purpose of pest control? If you administer your own pest control program (which I would not suggest) you would need to store unused equipment somewhere safe, in a non-production area. If it wasn't in the scope, how could he have seen it? Sorry, more questions than answers.

Maybe the confusion is due to choice of wording? I don't know that the OP is saying the building is excluded from the scope of the audit. I think the OP is saying since this building is not connected to the production area at all, that it shouldn't have been written as a failure in the audit.

Similar Discussion Topics
Top unsatisfactory findings in a GMP inspection and how to avoid them Top unsatisfactory findings in a GMP inspection and how to avoid them Top unsatisfactory findings in a GMP inspection and how to avoid them Sanitation Report for Unsatisfactory Micro Results Can the results of a mock recall be unsatisfactory?