What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What format to use for a Glass and Brittle Plastic Register?

Started by , Nov 20 2019 10:43 PM
17 Replies

Hey I am really new to this ( I have been with the company for 2 months) and I have been thrown in to the position of SQFP to develop the whole Quality Department at the company, and one of the first things that my SQF Consultant has asked me to develop is a Glass and Brittle Plastic Register, what kind of formats did everybody use? just looking for some different ways that its been done so i have a basis to start with. Thanks so much in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Designing Sample Request Format Coating inside the carton for plastic bottle Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs?
[Ad]

Here is an example which I made for a client once:

Attached Files

4 Thanks

3 colunms - 

What it is

Where it is

Comments

1 Like1 Thank

Attached one what we use

Attached Files

1 Like2 Thanks

thanks everybody for the quick response! I appreciate the help in this! I'll look over the files you've attached and see what you have been using :-)

Attached is a completed copy of what I used to use. This was for AIB so I'm not sure if it will meet the needs of SQF. This was only for the glass/brittle plastics that were not part of the equipment and was completed semi-annually. Our procedure states that glass and brittle plastics on the equipment is monitored as part of the machine monthly PM, the higher frequency due to higher risk of contamination to the product.

Attached Files

2 Thanks

Always seem to be late to the party! Our Glass and Brittle Plastic Register is set up as a register and audit review. New areas or introduction of glass or brittle plastic are written in at the annual review and existing are verified. See attached for an example

Attached Files

3 Thanks

Excel or a table in word is a great way to format this register. Keep it simple!! 

List the item, location/area, quantity, and Type of material (rigid plastic, glass, etc.) can be listed separate or with the item, then a sign off for inspection. We do quarterly. Then I have a comment section at the end to add notes about any findings. 

2 Thanks

Company i previously worked for used forms like the attached excel form. It was a high care production facility. but the forms where overly long and complicated. 

Currently I am working for a Maltings , which is low care and used to use excel based but have transitioned to Iauditor based audits. 

Attached Files

2 Thanks

Thanks again for all the help everybody! you have sent a few different types to use and I think I have a good idea of what my company needs. Being new to this SQF thing is a little overwhelming but this website has been a great help!

Agreed! This website has been amazing for me over the last couple of years. Lots of great people willing to help out others!

Happy Thanksgiving, Happy St. Andrew's Day or just Happy Holidays to all!

1 Thank

I have a (maybe nitpicking) terminology  question (possibly geographically related). :smile:

For the current context, is a "Register" different to an "Inspection Form" ?

I always thought that a "Register" was only a List (possibly with an updating record) although the latter will obviously be the basis of a (separate) form for inspecting the status/integrity of the items involved.

This would be in contrast with a Register Book such as used for monitoring Visitors to an establishment.

1 Thank

I have a (maybe nitpicking) terminology  question (possibly geographically related). :smile:

I always thought that a "Register" was only a List (possibly with an updating record) although the latter will obviously be the basis of a (separate) form for inspecting the status/integrity of the items involved.

This would be in contrast with a Register Book such as used for monitoring Visitors to an establishment.

I've always done them multipurpose. No reason your register/list can't be one maintained on an inspection form. Though BRC may get pickier depending on auditor.

1 Thank

I've always done them multipurpose. No reason your register/list can't be one maintained on an inspection form. Though BRC may get pickier depending on auditor.

Yes my BRC experience is the same.

But BRC do not request a "Register" per se.

1 Thank

Good point. When I first started into the SQF code I was confused at what a register meant and later learned it is just that simple, a list. However, when I look at my glass and plastic register, it is really a register and a form combined. I could perhaps separate them out but why do double the work  :sleazy:

2 Thanks

I hadn't even thought about having two different documents, I'm glad that this was brought up and clarified that I don't really need to have two. I think I will just make my "register" a workable document to use for the quarterly inspections. Thanks!

I have a made a glass registry that is on an excel file and has a photo for each item of the list. This way, there is no question about what "Fully intact" means because it if still looks like the photo, it is a pass. It is easier to identify cracks or missing parts. It may be a bit of work to get going, but honestly it makes the inspection much easier and allows little to be assumed- auditors love this approach. 

1 Thank

This is the format I have created, with some examples put in!

Attached Files

2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Designing Sample Request Format Coating inside the carton for plastic bottle Trader Joe’s dumplings recall due to possible contamination with hard plastic from a permanent marker Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs? Glass Registry How do I safely open tough protective plastic lids on packaged consumables? Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages Microbiological swabs in plastic films industries and it's limit Type of migration test suitable to test on repeat used of HDPE Plastic for steaming