What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Label requirements - outer master case

Started by , Nov 21 2019 06:43 PM
5 Replies

Can someone tell me where I can find regulations or requirements for labels that go on the outside of the master cases?  We are NOT retail.   USDA & FDA

Thank you

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Question about a Misleading label SQF 9 - Label Reconciliation Label Reconciliation problem SQF edition 9 Allergen Label Checks In House Label Disfigurement Procedure
[Ad]

Can you be more specific as to what you are calling a master case? I just want to be sure we are thinking similarly.

1 Thank

We do not sell retail.  We pack clear plastic bags inside a master case.  the label goes on the outside of the master case.  No labels on the bags.  I'm just wondering if there are rules or regulations as to fonts etc. for the label on the master case.  

Can you be more specific as to what you are calling a master case? I just want to be sure we are thinking similarl

These may help you, FDA and USDA are similar but yet are different. Don't forget about label approval if required as well. 

https://www.fda.gov/...Guide-(PDF).pdf

https://www.fsis.usd...pdf?MOD=AJPERES

1 Like4 Thanks

We do not sell retail.  We pack clear plastic bags inside a master case.  the label goes on the outside of the master case.  No labels on the bags.  I'm just wondering if there are rules or regulations as to fonts etc. for the label on the master case.  

Ok, I understand now. In your case, you should have the name of the product, an ingredient statement, net weight/quantity, and manufacturing address info at the least. The information nd01ken provided is a good guide for labeling. Just be sure that you follow up and check the most recent FDA regulations, since there have been some changes since 2013. I can't really speak to USDA.

1 Like1 Thank

Use the guides provided my nd01ken. We used to pack something identical to how you are and our case label consisted of the item number, description, ingredients, contain statement (if applicable), country of origin (if applicable), manufacturers information, GTIN, then any additional requirements like Gluten Free, GMO, Kosher, etc. There are minimum font sizes required dependent on how big the packaging is so make sure to look at that too. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Question about a Misleading label SQF 9 - Label Reconciliation Label Reconciliation problem SQF edition 9 Allergen Label Checks In House Label Disfigurement Procedure SQF 2.6.1.2 Product changeover and label reconciliation records Label for a product with multiple vendors Nutrition Information Update on the Label Any recommendations for a date label gun? 100% Label Inspection