What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

pH and Free Chlorine tested on finished tube ice product

Started by , Nov 25 2019 06:45 AM
4 Replies

Hi all, 

We are manufacturing of tube ice , lately our auditor requested us to have pH n Free Chlorine test on our finished product which is ice. For your information , our main ingredient solely is water, no others is added in . Hence, we felt that checking on microbial level on finished product more crucial than pH and free chlorine. Furthermore, the amount of  pH and free chlorine  will be gradually reduced along the process, this may causing the results of these two parameters out of spec. 

Im really need your valuable input on this, should i go for it (as per auditor  recommend) . Thanks in advance 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified?
[Ad]

Hi all, 

We are manufacturing of tube ice , lately our auditor requested us to have pH n Free Chlorine test on our finished product which is ice. For your information , our main ingredient solely is water, no others is added in . Hence, we felt that checking on microbial level on finished product more crucial than pH and free chlorine. Furthermore, the amount of  pH and free chlorine  will be gradually reduced along the process, this may causing the results of these two parameters out of spec. 

Im really need your valuable input on this, should i go for it (as per auditor  recommend) . Thanks in advance 

Hi carine,

So what is the spec ? Is it Regulatory ?

(pH for water is usually a range,  free chlorine varies with country)

1 Thank

Was this the auditors recommendation?

Or did you get marked off for non compliance with this item?

I ask, because the Auditors position prohibits them from making recommendations.

Dear Charles, 

In our country water and ice share same specification under regulatory, which is pH range 6.5-8.5 , free chlorine is at least 0.2 ppm. Hence, my concern is raw material and finished product shares same specification, it is hard for us to maintained the pH and free chlorine content after the process making. Furthermore,   i would prefer microbial level to be controlled as this normally caused food poisoning instead of  pH or free chlorine content in our product. 

Hi carine,

So what is the spec ? Is it Regulatory ?

(pH for water is usually a range,  free chlorine varies with country)

Dear, 

Yes, this is the recommendation by the auditor. We have pH and free chlorine test on our raw material which is water but not finished product . As such they recommend us to have such test on our finished product too.  Any way to turn them  down on such recommendation? 

Was this the auditors recommendation?

Or did you get marked off for non compliance with this item?

I ask, because the Auditors position prohibits them from making recommendations.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Tracing Finished Goods BRCGS Finished Goods Traceability Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling