What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC - Audtiting HACCP Requirements

Started by , May 13 2006 03:54 PM
3 Replies
Hi all, this is my first post on here and am looking for some quick help if possible.

As part of university we have been given 1.0 of BRC issue 4 (HACCP) we are then going to be given documentation that is covered by this section for us to audit.

The problem i have is that we dont know what these documents will be. Another problem is that i have never done any auditing at all in the past nor have a great knowledge of HACCP.

I was just wondering what documentation you would expect to see for this section, and are there any clauses you would have to actually be in the factory to audit?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Just to add to this i am particularly interested in the 1.7 where it talks about assessment of risk, and all the sub clauses. Within this i am not sure what documentation is needed or how this would be proven.
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP plan for cold smoked trout needed HACCP Meeting checklist HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Food Safety Additionally requirements HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat
[Ad]
Can anyone help out here?

Hi all, this is my first post on here and am looking for some quick help if possible.

As part of university we have been given 1.0 of BRC issue 4 (HACCP) we are then going to be given documentation that is covered by this section for us to audit.

The problem i have is that we dont know what these documents will be. Another problem is that i have never done any auditing at all in the past nor have a great knowledge of HACCP.

I was just wondering what documentation you would expect to see for this section, and are there any clauses you would have to actually be in the factory to audit?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Just to add to this i am particularly interested in the 1.7 where it talks about assessment of risk, and all the sub clauses. Within this i am not sure what documentation is needed or how this would be proven.

Hi csd 1
You are attending the university to learn , not to have everything put onto a plate for you to copy.

You should reseach (using Google or your library for:- "codex alimentarius", "HAZARD ANALYSIS AND CRITICAL CONTROL POINT PRINCIPLES AND APPLICATION GUIDELINES by NATIONAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON MICROBIOLOGICAL CRITERIA FOR FOODS." and "ISO 22000:2005"

Read and you will understand what is needed but it will be hard work! Did you listen to the lecture or does your tutor expect you to understand food risk without any pre-knowledge?

PS I have been working on this for over 50 years and still learning
Best wishes
Brian Fowler.

You are attending the university to learn , not to have everything put onto a plate for you to copy.

I quite agree with you Brian. No-one can condone copying / plagerism but lets try and guide CDS1_UK (strange name).

What I suggest is that you analyse each clause and look at what could be used to prove that the company has or has not done.

e.g. for section 1.1 you need documentary evidence to show management commitment. So senior management commitment could be demonstrated by a senior manager being on the HACCP team, statements regarding HACCP in the company's Quality Policy ( or similar ), HACCP being an agenda item in senior management meetings.

Now have a look at the other clauses and let us know what kind of things could demonstrate each clause.

Good luck

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP plan for cold smoked trout needed HACCP Meeting checklist HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Food Safety Additionally requirements HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system