What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Enumeration of Thermophilic count

Started by , Dec 07 2019 06:53 AM
2 Replies

Hi Friends,

I am looking for some guidance on the testing of thermophilic count in a powdered sample performed in our microbiology lab. The method was provided by the customer wherein it states that the sample should be heated for 80 deg C for 30 minutes in water bath. So my question is, this 30 minutes heating time is counted only after the sample temperature has achieved 80 deg C or just heated for 30 minutes irrespective of sample has achieved 80 deg C or not? Thanks for your expert help asap.   

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Enumeration of Yeast and Mould Count (FDA BAM Chapter 18) Seeking ICUMSA GS/2/3-47 : 1998 Sugar – Enumeration yeast and mould Enumeration of Salmonella? Help Understanding Salmonella Methodology ISO 11731:2017 Enumeration of Legionella Enumeration of yeasts and molds
[Ad]

30 minutes heating time should be counted only after the sample temperature has achieved 80 deg C

Hi Friends,

I am looking for some guidance on the testing of thermophilic count in a powdered sample performed in our microbiology lab. The method was provided by the customer wherein it states that the sample should be heated for 80 deg C for 30 minutes in water bath. So my question is, this 30 minutes heating time is counted only after the sample temperature has achieved 80 deg C or just heated for 30 minutes irrespective of sample has achieved 80 deg C or not? Thanks for your expert help asap.   

powder sample weight = ?

if 1 gram the delay likely to be negligible ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Enumeration of Yeast and Mould Count (FDA BAM Chapter 18) Seeking ICUMSA GS/2/3-47 : 1998 Sugar – Enumeration yeast and mould Enumeration of Salmonella? Help Understanding Salmonella Methodology ISO 11731:2017 Enumeration of Legionella Enumeration of yeasts and molds Enumeration of Microorganisms - Colony Count Technique at 30°C Microbiology — General Guidance for the Enumeration of Coliforms Preferred method for Listeria detection and enumeration