What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Best Practice on using Manufacturing Date as a Lot Number

Started by , Dec 16 2019 07:55 PM
3 Replies

All,

In our organization Quality assign lot number of new product When we start manufacturing product. That date is our manufacturing date. Some time same lot number will run for 2 weeks. Can we keep same lot number and put different manufacturing date?

Our COA has manufacturing date and expire date. Can we put on COA manufacturing date range? This product was made through this date to this date?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals What is the best way to stay up to date with EU legislation drafts?
[Ad]

All,

In our organization Quality assign lot number of new product When we start manufacturing product. That date is our manufacturing date. Some time same lot number will run for 2 weeks. Can we keep same lot number and put different manufacturing date?

afaik, In Principle a specific Lot number is intended to designate a quantity of material of "uniform"  Quality characteristics.

So ........?

(Exceptions undoubtedly occur but at a (hopefully) known risk/potential consequences)

Our COA has manufacturing date and expire date. Can we put on COA manufacturing date range? This product was made through this date to this date?

See above.

Hi binab,

See ^^^^^.

In the even of a problem, are you willing to recall 2 weeks of product? Lot numbers are intended to connect like products and like conditions during manufacturing, it also makes it traceable. A two week range sure seems tough to recall and investigate root cause if a problem occurs.

Best practice is to have at least one lot number for every 24 hours of production.

Similar Discussion Topics
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility From what perspective to I write my Food Safety Manual when manufacturing is outsourced Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals What is the best way to stay up to date with EU legislation drafts? Packaging manufacturing and tape. Still using safety masks in food manufacturing ? Best Practice for Record Filing Using shipping containers as modular rooms in food manufacturing ISO Egg Wash Substitute for Bread Manufacturing