What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Low Viscosity Hand Soap for Food Industry?

Started by , Dec 20 2019 11:44 PM
3 Replies

We currently use Alpet Q E2.  It is very thick.

Can anyone recommend a low viscosity hand soap approved for food industry?

Low viscosity because we have the hand soap dispensers that are attached to the counter top.  They tend to plug up very easily with the current hand soap.  Also, foaming would be no good on these dispensers as well.

Approved for food industry means no fragrances, lotions, dyes, etc.  It does not have to be antimicrobial.

I know...I know...we can just dilute the Alpet Q E2, but I can't even get people to do simple tasks, let alone having them dilute and mix the soap before refilling.

I don't understand why all the hand soap is "thick" or "rich and foamy".  Ugh...can't there just be regular good ole hand soap out there we can use?

Appreciate the help on this.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hey Ryan M.,

I'm not sure where you get the rest of your cleaning chemicals, but our company uses AFCO/Zep and their quat-ammonia based hand soap doesn't seem overly viscous and is designed for the food industry. If you have a sanitation chemical provider, it might pay to check with them as they often time also sell hand soaps. 

I hope this helps!

1 Thank

Thank you.  We use Ecolab.  I'm sure they have something, but in looking at their product listings everything was "thick and foamy" and in the dispenser type packaging.  We just need it in a jug to refill our dispensers.  Unfortunately, my boss said we have to make those dispensers work even though they aren't "ideal".  I'd love to mount Ecolab dispensers and be done with this atrocious mess, but that's not an option.  Usually Ecolab will provide the dispensers for free if you purchase the hand soap from them.  It frustrates me that the company makes things like this so difficult...way more difficult than it has to be.

On a Friday night I wasn't able to get a hold of our rep, but I'll surely reach out to him and see if maybe there is something they have.  Thank you.

Hey Ryan M.,

I'm not sure where you get the rest of your cleaning chemicals, but our company uses AFCO/Zep and their quat-ammonia based hand soap doesn't seem overly viscous and is designed for the food industry. If you have a sanitation chemical provider, it might pay to check with them as they often time also sell hand soaps. 

I hope this helps!

Hi Ryan, This is an interesting comparison website for low/high viscosity -- showing numerous brands, etc.

https://www.bradleyc...om/advocatesoap

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan