What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Document Management Software based on Excel or MS Access

Started by , Jan 04 2020 05:17 PM
6 Replies

Does anyone know of a basic document management package probably based on Excel or MS Access that can be used house the FSMS and support seamless document presentation at audit time. I will not get the buy in to purchase a commercial package so I am hoping something basic is out there that the small low budget private company can use.

Thanks for your time.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Review document Temperature a CCP - Ready to eat plant (Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency) Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment
[Ad]

Does anyone know of a basic document management package probably based on Excel or MS Access that can be used house the FSMS and support seamless document presentation at audit time. I will not get the buy in to purchase a commercial package so I am hoping something basic is out there that the small low budget private company can use.

Thanks for your time.

I think there are a few examples in previous threads here but you may have to do a bit of searching to find them.

It's probably no accident that commercial packages are not insignifcant business. :smile:

Loads of consultants found on the forum would be happy to make you something specific to your business, and teach you how to maintain it afterward. I'd reach out to some of them and see if they can make you something compatible with the software package you have.

Loads of consultants found on the forum would be happy to make you something specific to your business, and teach you how to maintain it afterward. I'd reach out to some of them and see if they can make you something compatible with the software package you have.

I agree but, based on OP,  my guess is no buy-in for Consultants Fees either. :crying:

I agree but, based on OP,  my guess is no buy-in for Consultants Fees either. :crying:

True, did we have any IFSQN webinars that covered database making in excel? Not sure if we ever did or not.

-Austin

True, did we have any IFSQN webinars that covered database making in excel? Not sure if we ever did or not.

-Austin

IIRC there is a previous thread here which includes a downloadable, customised, access-based file for testing/evaluation purposes.

Webinars also unsure, a query for the Master Planner. :smile:

Not sure of the cost, but you can check out Infinity QS.  It is basically a blank database software that you setup and customize to your application.

We use it at my current facility, but the problem is no one really knows how to customize it except for one person.  The one person is an average level user at best so we are severely lacking the knowledge here.  They do offer courses for the software.

So if you are someone who is computer savvy, understands database programming a bit, and your company can shell out licenses for the program it may work for you.

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Review document Temperature a CCP - Ready to eat plant (Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency) Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document CIP Validation Document Does anyone have a template of validation document? Commissioning document template for new equipment sign off Document Structure for Hazard Analysis Worksheet and CCP Decision Tree