What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Shelf life of the plastic carboys in contact with brine solution

Started by , Jan 09 2020 07:06 AM
2 Replies

Hi, 

I am Deepak Nachane working as GM Purchase in Food Ind. I would like to know about the shelf life of the plastic carboys. we are keeping some of our RM in brine solution in the carboys due to their seasonal availability & use them for day to day production as & when reqd. To keep the RM in good condition we keep changing the brine solution on regular intervals. But still since these RM is in direct contact with plastic carboys, I want to know about their shelf life. 

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Shelf Life Testing Risk Assessment Milk powder - short shelf life
[Ad]

Hi Deepak, welcome to the forum.
Have you asked the supplier of the carboys?

They should be able to advise on suitability for contact (including prolonged contact) with different types of liquids, and provide migration data to support this. 

Certainly there are plastics that would be fine in this application, but it will depend on the formulation of the plastic.

Good morning Deepak, welcome!

Similar Discussion Topics
Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Shelf Life Testing Risk Assessment Milk powder - short shelf life Shelf life of vacuumed rainbow trout fillets Pasteurizing Chilli Relish to extend shelf life Shelf life issue fresh fish Shelf Life Standards Shelf life testing of beef and chicken donair meat