What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Document Control Procedures

Started by , Jan 10 2020 06:34 PM

Hi, 

I am currently working on BRC requirement for document control procedures. I am responsible to revise all the programs at least on annual basis along with my food safety team. We have version #, Revision Date# and Effective date# on the all of our documents. 

I am little confused here, if i need to update the version# if there has not been any changes made to the document even though I update the revision date??

Thanks, 

Daisy 

Hi Daisy,

BRC8 seems to require this -

2.13.1 Documentation and record-keeping shall be sufficient to enable the site to verify that the HACCP and food safety controls, including controls managed by prerequisite programmes, are in place and maintained.

Appear no specific requirements such as "revision" so you are perhaps being somewhat over-conscientious ?

If "revision" deemed essential, I would have thought it simpler if you simply write a specific, few lines, "Procedure" stating that all documents included in the "Issued Document Register" (which I assume you have) are reviewed annually for correctness. Then issue a Form which adds one more column to a copy of the Register for someone to sign off for "Verification". Plus an appended corrective action chunk,  just in case.

PS - I don't see the point of "Effective Date" . Surely a Procedure cannot be issued/approved unless it is then Effective ?

4 Replies

Hi, 

I am currently working on BRC requirement for document control procedures. I am responsible to revise all the programs at least on annual basis along with my food safety team. We have version #, Revision Date# and Effective date# on the all of our documents. 

I am little confused here, if i need to update the version# if there has not been any changes made to the document even though I update the revision date??

Thanks, 

Daisy 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document CIP Validation Document
[Ad]

We have a format like the attachment. if no changes are required or made and only review is required, we date stamp were it says 'review approval date' 

Attached Files

1 Thank

Hi arahman, 

thank you for your reply and your tip. 

Daisy 

Hi, 

Thanks, 

Daisy 

Hi Daisy,

BRC8 seems to require this -

2.13.1 Documentation and record-keeping shall be sufficient to enable the site to verify that the HACCP and food safety controls, including controls managed by prerequisite programmes, are in place and maintained.

Appear no specific requirements such as "revision" so you are perhaps being somewhat over-conscientious ?

If "revision" deemed essential, I would have thought it simpler if you simply write a specific, few lines, "Procedure" stating that all documents included in the "Issued Document Register" (which I assume you have) are reviewed annually for correctness. Then issue a Form which adds one more column to a copy of the Register for someone to sign off for "Verification". Plus an appended corrective action chunk,  just in case.

PS - I don't see the point of "Effective Date" . Surely a Procedure cannot be issued/approved unless it is then Effective ?

Thanks Charles :) I really appreciate your help. I guess things make more sense to me.

Daisy  

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document CIP Validation Document Does anyone have a template of validation document? Commissioning document template for new equipment sign off Document Structure for Hazard Analysis Worksheet and CCP Decision Tree Is it a requirement to sign every document and policy? Document Control/Revision History