What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Are dry erase white boards allowed inside a food production area?

Started by , Jan 10 2020 07:42 PM
3 Replies

hello,

i'm QA manager at a food processing facility,

are dry erase white boards allowed inside production area ?

the purpose is so employees from different shifts can leave notes

related to unfinished batches

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
NC: Oil compressor non food grade HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Inquiry about food safety culture elements Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements
[Ad]

I have seen these in use as you want to use them and I have never seen/heard of an auditor objecting to their use -- but I have seen auditors ask for risk analysis on them.

As I would if I were still an Auditor.

The risk is in how the dust from the markers are controlled, foreign material, etc.

The ones I've been have the erasers and markers attached with a cord that in and of itself will not cause an issue.

Write away!

2 Likes1 Thank

Look closely at how the board is attached to the wall.  If there is a gap where insects could potentially crawl into to hide, that may be an issue.  Seal the board to the wall and make sure it is kept as clean as possible and you should be ok.  But don't be surprised if some auditor asks you when was the last time the board was removed and the wall behind it cleaned.  Good luck.

1 Thank

I think Glen has covered it - risk assessment!....

You can purchase metal detectable marker pens (as per factory pens) but they aren't cheap so consider tying them down if you don't want pay that extra or for the pens to "walk" away from the area....

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
NC: Oil compressor non food grade HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Inquiry about food safety culture elements Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? Food Fraud Vulnerability Assessment for Processes Food safety culture Food Safety Additionally requirements