What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Need help defining tests for finding Foreign Material in Product

Started by , Jan 14 2020 04:49 PM
3 Replies

Good Day everyone, 

I recently had a customer call in regards to finding dirt particles at the bottom of their plate. They used a marinate. I am trying to find the culprit. I have narrowed it down to two ground ingredients which are predominate in the product, garlic and onion. I know both are ground spice, I ran a filth test. What test can I do on the product or suspected RM?

https://www.fda.gov/...levels-handbook

Am I approaching this the wrong way? I have gone through our sanitation documents which showed we washed the machine prior to filling, followed by an atp test. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Allowable Preservative Levels in Foreign Countries (specifically South Korea) Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor?
[Ad]

First and formost, did you see the picture/got sent back the product from this customer that is complaining? Have you made sure it is "dirt" and not something else? 

I received and reviewed a video. 

The customer used up all of the product therefore could not send it back. I pulled a bottle from the lot and it is currently in the lab. It is just deciding what test to have the lab do. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Allowable Preservative Levels in Foreign Countries (specifically South Korea) Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Use of confirmed OOS material in other projects Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Hazard of Using Aluminum Foil as Packaging Material Intestines - Edible Meat Product?