What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FSSC 22000 Sec 9 - Review of identified risks and opportunities and effectiveness of actions taken

Started by , Jan 22 2020 08:27 AM
7 Replies

Good Day, My name is Rita from South Africa - I am the Food Safety Team Leader for a contract packing company.  Our core business is Repacking and Dispatch of Dry Granular Powders.

Currently preparing for a FSSC V5 (ISO 22000:2018) audit.

Section 9 of ISO 22000:2018 - Management review

One of the New elements  is -

Review of identified risks and opportunities and effectiveness of actions taken .

I have identified a few risks, however I need to know if I am on the right track and see what are your input.

Thank you and have a pleasant year

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC 22000 Implementation package V5.1 Fssc package FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 FSSC New BoS Decision List
[Ad]

Good Day, My name is Rita from South Africa - I am the Food Safety Team Leader for a contract packing company.  Our core business is Repacking and Dispatch of Dry Granular Powders.

One of the New elements  is

Review of identified risks and opportunities and effectiveness of actions taken .

I have identified a few risk, however I need to know if I am on the right track and see what are your input.

Hi Rita,

^^^^  So which risks have you identified ??

Raw Material Long Chain -

Packaging Long Chain -

High staff turnover

I have identified a few risks, however I need to know if I am on the right track and see what are your input.

Idendified risks are not sufficient.

Yep I know feeling a bit overwelmed. That why I am asking the team.

We do risk analysis for each step of the process and for each section and then we conduct a review every 1 year to ensure the risk analysis is still valid by evaluating the events that occur within a period of 1 year to prove that the control action that we do are still appropriate

Hey all,

My understanding and interpretation on this requirements is once you have mitigated against the risks, you need to take account of whether a risk has occurred and was the mitigation measures that you had determined sufficient in addressing the risk, if it was then in your review, you will indicate it was effective and may be due to the effectiveness, its no longer a risk and / or the risk level lowers, if the mitigation did not address the risk adequately, then you need to revise the mitigation and make it more effective. E.g. Lets say you have determined a risk such as delay in delivery caused by raw materials delay and the mitigation is keep FG sufficient to service the customers for one week and you still find the even on doing the same there are still delays in delivery, this hence interprate that the mitigation measure is not effective, you therefore need to revise is as its not effective.

Good day

1 Like

HI all - just went thru our FSSC V5 audit and the element is referring to more than just your processing. Do A SWOT analysis  - the overall management of the food safety program and do you review in your management meeting the risks and how to address them - it must be part of your agenda and the methods to address your risks must be identified as well as the opportunities for improvement ( PDCA) Remember to relate these risks to your interested parties and their needs as well as you FSMS

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC 22000 Implementation package V5.1 Fssc package FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 FSSC New BoS Decision List FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products FSSC Internal auditor competency