What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC 3.5.1.5 Supplier Approval

Started by , Jan 24 2020 12:40 PM
2 Replies

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting but I have been reading a lot before trying to find the right answer and I still do not have it clear. Hopefully it there will be an easy answer for this that I haven't been able to see.

We buy raw materials from 3rd parties (Agents & Brokers) which are BRC A&B certified. I have been reading the clause and the Interpretation but I still can't be sure 100%.

If a supplier is BRC A&B certified, I understand that we still need to know the identity of the manufacturer of the raw material, but do we have to know how the manufacturer has been approved (BRC/GFSI equivalent, SAQ...) too?

Thanks in advance.

J

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing
[Ad]

Hi J,

If the supplier (agent and broker) is BRC or GFSI certified then you dont need to know anything else apart from who the last packer/processor is,  although you need to have a degree of due diligence in your process.

If they are certified to a GFSI standard, they also have supplier approval program that protects them, therefore they can certify the products they provide to you as "safe", right? It should all be in the Risk Assessment.

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? Supplier not providing TDS Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Emergency Supplier Approvals Supplier Questionaire