What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can Supplier Questionnaires be Standardised by GFSI?

Started by , Jan 28 2020 10:14 AM
5 Replies

Hi everyone.  I'm writing this to put the cat among the pigeons, with the hopes that GFSI committee members are on here and would take this into consideration.  Can GFSI please bring out a template that must be followed for supplier questionnaires, so that we don't have to fill in 2000 different questionnaires every year for each supplier, of which many have really willy nilly questions.

:headhurts:  :giggle:

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Allergen checklist to supplier First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire?
[Ad]

Hi everyone.  I'm writing this to put the cat among the pigeons, with the hopes that GFSI committee members are on here and would take this into consideration.  Can GFSI please bring out a template that must be followed for supplier questionnaires, so that we don't have to fill in 2000 different questionnaires every year for each supplier, of which many have really willy nilly questions.

:headhurts:  :giggle:

I suggest you submit yr suggestion to GFSI.

and BRC. and SQF. and IFS. and ...............

1 Like

There's been several discussions on this topic, and I can somewhat appreciate the frustration on the supplier's end in certain scenarios despite being approved by a  GFSI benchmarked scheme. On the other hand, situations, requirements and customer-supplier relationship will vary from one place to the next, so I'm not sure a ""one size fits all" questionnaire would really be feasible.

Anyway, as Charles notes, you'll be better off submitting to GFSI.

It's a great idea and even if the individual schemes came up with a version for each, that'd be a start (I may have suggested this to senior people in BRC in the past...)

GFSI doing it though...  As raised above, they've not settled on one united standard for all of them but it's not a bad idea.

There is a massive opportunity from this though.  The amount of time wasted in food businesses by replicating data into different questionnaires and specification portals is a waste of blooming time.  It is a genuine non value add task.

In the UK, the BRC (not BRCGS) are genuinely best placed to say "let's come up with one system" because it will ultimately reduce waste in their supply chains, increase transparency and so reduce cost and risk.  It's going to be the commercial reasoning which will drive this into existence not quality led.

In the UK, the BRC (not BRCGS) are genuinely best placed to say "let's come up with one system" because it will ultimately reduce waste in their supply chains, increase transparency and so reduce cost and risk.  It's going to be the commercial reasoning which will drive this into existence not quality led.

Maybe the members of the British Retail Consortium could get together and agree on a set of universal requirements, and put them into a single standard - the could call it something like the BRC Standard :ejut:

Honestly it feels more like they're presently in a competition to differentiate themselves by being the most obtuse, so I fear we're all heading in the opposite direction to standardisation at present...

1 Like

Maybe the members of the British Retail Consortium could get together and agree on a set of universal requirements, and put them into a single standard - the could call it something like the BRC Standard :ejut:

Honestly it feels more like they're presently in a competition to differentiate themselves by being the most obtuse, so I fear we're all heading in the opposite direction to standardisation at present...

I know what you're saying and I've stopped supplying retailer branded products nowadays.  It was a constant battle in retailer branded foods but what I was finding recently was a bit more pragmatism.  So more risk based approaches, earned recognition and what was a fantastic idea from Morrisons, builds on the BRC sections.  So when you were doing an internal audit and they were part of the standard, it made it so much easier as you weren't agonising over slight wording differences.

Similar Discussion Topics
Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Allergen checklist to supplier First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? Supplier not providing TDS Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements