What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it possible to implement FSSC 22000 by myself?

Started by , Jan 28 2020 10:43 AM
8 Replies

Common opinion: is it possible to implement FSSC 22000 bymyself?  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 FSSC New BoS Decision List FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist
[Ad]

Common opinion: is it possible to implement FSSC 22000 bymyself?  

Do you mean that you are proposing to create a haccp team of one person ?

noooo, of course!

I mean without consultant.

There are lots of businesses that implement food safety / quality management systems without a consult, so in a general sense it is certainly possible.

Whether *you* can do this will depend very much on your experience, expertise, how much time you've got, possibly how much training you're willing/able to do etc.

I know you've clarified now but it is possible to implement any quality system without a consultant.  What I would recommend though is you start with the site lead / director and get their buy in.  Whatever you do next will be contingent on them helping you deliver by providing the resources you need.  I'd say run it as a project and get that person to "sponsor" you, so you provide them with regular updates on what's going on and they feel bought into the outcome being a positive one.

1 Thank

GMO, YOU ARE RIGHT! I'LL FOLLOW YOUR PRECIOUS ADVICE.

GMO, YOU ARE RIGHT! I'LL FOLLOW YOUR PRECIOUS ADVICE.

Indeed, the provision of adequate Resources is often the most difficult step in implementing FS Standards !

Resources = Money = "the bottom line" :smile:

I think it is advisable not to do it alone.

You can do it alone.

But I would still recommend having a consultant perform a GAP Analysis for you, at least. 

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 FSSC New BoS Decision List FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products FSSC Internal auditor competency Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification? FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme