What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Thumbtacks OK for hanging Posters ?

Started by , Jan 28 2020 07:49 PM
13 Replies

So I have been trying to find a way to hang up a poster in the production area. Only good way to do it is using thumbtacks. Understanding this may be a food safety hazard. Now the exact area where this poster is being hung is dealing with sealed product (already finished and packaged). Would that still be a hazard? I am thinking not so much but how are auditors going to see this?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

An Auditor will ask how you track the thumb tacks.

Use 2 sided tape.

An Auditor will ask how you track the thumb tacks.

Use 2 sided tape.

I tried using double sided tape but it woudnt stick properly due to material of the wall! 

I solved it by placing the poster in the break area.... I guess it'll do.

3M make this adhesive spray that works really well on all types of surfaces.  The only downside is if you need to move the item from the wall it leaves a residue behind.  If the surface is smooth and easily cleanable not a problem to remove the residue, but if you have another type of surface (cork I imagine?) no way to clean it.

3M Super 77 Spray

1 Thank

I use those 3M command hooks, they also make plastic document pockets if you need to hang a sheet.

For bigger posters, I use double sided tape.

We've attached some laminated signs to the wall with screws.

1 Like1 Thank

Have you tried magnetic tape? The stuff we have here is really sticky on the side for placing on the poster and the magnet is strong enough to withstand vigorous cleaning of the walls. I'm sure there are varying qualities of the type of product but the stuff have is really good

We purchased cheap, clip frame type plastic poster frames from McMaster Carr and permanently fastened them in the areas we need them. They're soft plastic with a clear, cleanable cover. you can replace the posters any time you want / need or leave them indefinitely.

You can use silicone 

we have a bulletin board in the break room and that is where i hang all of mines. 

when there is something i need the employees to know i usually have a meeting with them and i will pass out a copy of the meeting, have them sign off that they where in the meeting and that they receive documentation that way i do not have to hang up a lot of documents in the bulletin board. 

what type of posters are you trying to hang up? maybe give them a training on what the posters are about and hang them in the breakroom

hope this gives you ideas. 

Can anyone advise if thumbtacks in the breakroom would be an issue? They're currently used to hold up the huge, laminated, multi-language employee rights posters. 

Can anyone advise if thumbtacks in the breakroom would be an issue? They're currently used to hold up the huge, laminated, multi-language employee rights posters. 

Only when they fall out.

What's the level of risk and food safety risk? Mount a plexiglass front frame that will contain the fasteners and not allow the to just fall out. Our DOL information is in an aisle off of production but you need a key to open it, thumbtacks all over inside but none have ever escaped it. Auditor looked at it and tried to open it then walked on.

2 Thanks

Hoosiersmoker - We are low risk like yourself (food contact paper board I believe?) in that we only manufacture packaging but do not work with any organic matter, plastics only. A plexiglass frame seems excessive but I submit to your expertise. The adhesive spray solution mentioned above seems feasible also. 

Similar Discussion Topics