What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Importing Pork Casings Requirements

Started by , Jan 31 2020 07:46 PM
2 Replies

We are looking to import pork casings (which is apparently under FDA umbrella, not USDA) from Italy for use in sausage/salami making. The Italian plant is already registered with FDA, but has never exported before. There is a lot of information out there on import, but it is hard to simplify the steps down for this customer. 

What documents need to be filled out for import? I know they need to file a prior intent notice with FDA but besides that, any vet documents? production documents? I can't find any formats on the FDA website about this, but maybe i'm just not looking at the right pages.

Does the importing facility also need to be FDA registered if they are a USDA product only producing facility? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Importing Primary Packaging from China to USA Importing from parent company in Japan to US Importing Food from Canada to the US Importing eggs into the US Importing dairy and vegan products from Japan...what should be on the outercase labels?
[Ad]

First & Foremost, As to my knowledge Importing facility needs to follow FSVP.  

https://www.fda.gov/...ans-and-animals

First & Foremost, As to my knowledge Importing facility needs to follow FSVP.  

https://www.fda.gov/...ans-and-animals

Fair enough, i'll add that to the list. Luckily I was PCQI trained, but it has been a few years since I was at an FDA site so i'll have to reread my training notes.

Similar Discussion Topics
Importing Primary Packaging from China to USA Importing from parent company in Japan to US Importing Food from Canada to the US Importing eggs into the US Importing dairy and vegan products from Japan...what should be on the outercase labels? Importing Fish & Meat to USA Importing meat/poultry products under FDA jurisdiction SQF site importing packaging material Does a company importing dietary supplements need to be FDA registered? Importing ingredients from Canada to USA - what is required?