What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Seeking Source for shatter-proof mirrors

Started by , Feb 03 2020 01:40 PM
3 Replies

Hi all, 

As our building projects comes closer to completion we are starting to think about finishing touches, one that I brought up was mirrors for gowning and near hand sinks. the gowning area is not in production, so I'm not as concerned but I thought it would be useful to have mirrors by hand sinks in case a hair net is askew and needs to be fixed. Does anyone have information about shatter proof mirrors? Recommendations of where to buy? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Seeking advice transitioning our HACCP plan into an SQF program Seeking Guidance on Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training
[Ad]

We ended up doing the same thing by our hand sink. I wish I could find a link to the one we ended up buying. We looked at a lot of different options, and the one we got was solid metal, but the following is close to the one we ended up purchasing:

https://www.globalin...-2-w-x-23-1-2-h

It is worth looking at polycarbonate mirrors too as they are much stonger and withstand impact better than traditional mirrors - I am sure there will be a company local to you that can produce one in the size you need. Whichever type you choose make sure the fittings are enclosed so that the whole unit can be easily cleaned.

McMaster Carr and Grainger sell both Acrylic (though this would still be considered brittle plastic) and High Polished Stainless Steel. The stainless ones aren't exactly optical quality but they're pretty close. We use them all over our plant and the bathrooms.

Similar Discussion Topics
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Seeking advice transitioning our HACCP plan into an SQF program Seeking Guidance on Lead Food Auditor Training and Internal Food Auditor Training Seeking US based FDA recognized LACF process authority? Bag opening: Seeking alternatives to knives. Seeking pest frequency risk assessment template Seeking a company that completes magnet pull strength tests on the east coast? Seeking information on setting up a cola carbonated drink factory