What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How long will mushroom powder last in honey?

Started by , Feb 03 2020 05:02 PM
6 Replies

Hi folks,

I'm working on a project where I'm mixing mushroom extract powders (lion's mane, chaga, turkey tail) in honey. Each of the ingredients by themselves have a long shelf life. Anyone been able confirm shelf stability longevity?

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Milk powder - short shelf life How long can a machine be down before cleaning needs to be performed? Metal Detector Limits for Milk Powder How long should we be reworking product made with multiple lots of rework?
[Ad]

What is the purpose of adding the mushroom extract to honey? Is it for fortification purposes? 

Yes it's for fortification as the mushrooms have several beneficial minerals/compounds.

Have you perhaps tried contacting he supplier who supplied you the extracts? You can ask them for info about the extract, perhaps a spec sheet?

All I know is that Honey has a looooooooooooong shelf life. Perhaps you need to know if these extracts will affect the shelf life of honey? 

Yep, got a spec sheet. The shelf life for the mushroom powder is 5 years and has a very low moisture content. Given that I was thinking the shelf life would be very long. I was wondering if anyone knew specifically about the interaction of honey and mushroom powder and if there is anything in that interaction that would make the shelf life less than at least several years.

Thanks!

It probably will cut the shelf life of the honey down from 5000 years to 100 years.

1 Like1 Thank

:rofl2:

tagline: good for generations.

tagline 2: if apocalypse then mushroom honey.

Similar Discussion Topics
Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Milk powder - short shelf life How long can a machine be down before cleaning needs to be performed? Metal Detector Limits for Milk Powder How long should we be reworking product made with multiple lots of rework? Production plan on fish pie with sweet potato croquette in a mushroom sauce and puff pastry How Long Should You Flush Water Lines For Sampling Examples of short and long-term customer complaint reduction strategies industry standard for wearing disposable masks in honey manufacturing Standard on how long equipment can remain idle in a soiled condition?