What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Who is usually responsible for preparing the TACCP plan?

Started by , Feb 05 2020 10:11 PM
8 Replies
Who is responsible, who must prepare TACCP plan? Who usually does it?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP plan for cold smoked trout needed Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible?
[Ad]

We are a small company and have a food defence and food fraud program (which covers TACCP requirements). For us, it is completed by the food safety representative (myself). Senior management is also involved to include their input, ideas and suggestions and give the final approval on the program.

It may require a few people to work on it depending on the company, size and the risk as well as the amount of staff. 

Jenna

1 Like

Who is responsible, who must prepare TACCP plan? Who usually does it?

Hi baltanakts,

If a QA exists, usually the first port of  dumping  IMEX. (They whom cannot refuse).

1 Like

That's a great question and one I used to ask myself all the time!! I just presumed it was me (head of QA) because a) it's in the standard that we need it and b) it says 'ACCP' on the end  :roflmao:

1 Like

If a QA exists, usually the first port of  dumping  IMEX. (They whom cannot refuse).

This is a good universal answer that can also be applied to: ethical trading, environmental systems, waste regulations, alcohol duty, "my computer doesn't work and I don't know why", and indeed almost any area that takes a few minutes of learning to get one's head around ;)

As for the OP's question - like the other posters, as the Technical Manager I have the misfortune of leading the team, but as with e.g. HACCP we do treat this as a team undertaking, to ensure (a) a good balance of knowledge from different business areas, and (b) that other departments share the misery (sorry, joy) of working on some of these systems :ejut:

Usually the QA/Food Safety person at the site with assistance from senior management,

In-house QA w/senior input or outsourced to a Consultant. 

Usually the QA/Food Safety person at the site with assistance from senior management,

Why QA/Food Safety? Why not to involve Security department and its leader? For what we need security deparment?

Why QA/Food Safety? Why not to involve Security department and its leader? For what we need security deparment?

You can involve them for sure (they actually have to be involved). Anyway at the end of the day the TACCP should be communicated with everyone and a challenge to be done annually (depending on what FS scheme you have in place). So you will have the assistance and communication with security anyway. But as far as "preparing", it is the QA/Food Safety person at the site. Because you really are "protecting" your FOOD supply. 

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP plan for cold smoked trout needed Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible? Food safety culture plan How to build a raw materials sampling plan? Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Allergen Management Plan Food Defence Plan