What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

High Risk area - Air monitoring limits

Started by , Feb 06 2020 02:33 PM
3 Replies

Hi Everybody,

I am looking for microbiological specifications for air monitoring tests in High risk area according to the BRC - Food. Please give references.

Thank you in advance. 

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Are raw nuts high risk? Rezoning from High Risk to Medium Risk Risk zone identification as per BRC for ambient high care
[Ad]

Hi Everybody,

I am looking for microbiological specifications for air monitoring tests in High risk area according to the BRC - Food. Please give references.

Thank you in advance. 

Hi tharinduth,

I anticipate that the practical answer to yr query is likely to be two-fold -

(a) you need to install an appropriate grade filter ( lists exist, eg see sheet 6 of excel noted below)) so as to achieve the desired micro.quality. (unless presumably the air already attains such a quality).

(b) you need to sample/analyse the resulting air to verify that the desired quality is obtained.

afaik, regarding the desired quality, there is no, universally agreed, specific quantitative answer and I have not seen such given by BRC.

However I suggest a possible answer is provided in the Standards for compressed air  which is in contact with food. The corresponding quality (see BCAS 2013) is given in sheet 4 of the excel in this Post -

https://www.ifsqn.co...ent/#entry81054

(Also see the associated reference files sh4 and sh4.1 in same post)(the BCAS-2013 table is afaik a later version of the "Food Grade" /BCAS 2006 table shown at top of sheet)

I am not a "high risk" user of BRC so other posters may have a simpler solution ?

PS - simpler solutions are offered on sheets 1, 3, 5 of above excel but whether these are adequate for BRC I do not know. IIRC Tesco (2014) simply defined the Grade of Filter to install (see sheet 7)

1 Like1 Thank

Our internal spec for high risk area is <100..and we hot-fill liquid products.

It really depends on the nature of your products. FDA has <30 yeast and mould spec for acceptable air quality, but I couldn't find the air spec in BRC. 

Our internal spec for high risk area is <100..and we hot-fill liquid products.

It really depends on the nature of your products. FDA has <30 yeast and mould spec for acceptable air quality, but I couldn't find the air spec in BRC. 

Item ??

Units ??

Source ??

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS 8.1.2 - Cooked Crustacea High Risk-High Care High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Are raw nuts high risk? Rezoning from High Risk to Medium Risk Risk zone identification as per BRC for ambient high care High CO2 concentration in frozen warehouse filled with cranberries High yeast and ACC in Sesame dressing High Enterobacteria and TVC Counts on Minced Beef High care product transfer and sushi BRC issue 9 5.4.7 - Ongoing verification for "High Protein" and "High Fiber" Claims