What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Does your company use a shuttle service for employees? I need help! :o

Started by , Feb 11 2020 09:37 PM
2 Replies

Good afternoon everyone! 

Is anyone here part of a company that provides shuttle service for their employees? I want to look into this service for my company, but am unsure where to start. For those who are part of a company that provides shuttle service, a few questions:

• How many employees use the shuttle service?
  • Do you outsource the shuttle or do you have employee(s) that drive a company vehicle to and fro?
  • What made you consider a shuttle service? / what convinced executive management to jump onboard? 
  • What pros/cons have you found with the shuttle service? 

Any information is greatly appreciated! 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Recommended LIMS for Trader/Brokerage Company ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Innovative and effective communication to inform employees about food safety As per SQF are employees allowed to have neckless or anything hanging around their neck?
[Ad]

Good afternoon everyone! 

Is anyone here part of a company that provides shuttle service for their employees? I want to look into this service for my company, but am unsure where to start. For those who are part of a company that provides shuttle service, a few questions:

• How many employees use the shuttle service?
  • Do you outsource the shuttle or do you have employee(s) that drive a company vehicle to and fro?
  • What made you consider a shuttle service? / what convinced executive management to jump onboard? 
  • What pros/cons have you found with the shuttle service? 

Any information is greatly appreciated! 

Hi zechx,

IMEX the driving force for the service can be (1) limited local labour sources (2) distance between manufacturing facility and location of employees, (3)  use of a 24-hour shift system (or similar).

Outsourced.

Pros - access to "distant" labour force, worker appreciation, Safety; Cons - vehicle reliability issues, weather, traffic, cost

My previous employment was just outside of the city & there was no public transportation available. They purchased 2 buses to shuttle around the city to pick up before shift & drop off afterwards. The routes were basically defined by where workers lived & cost $1 dollar per trip to help with fuel & drivers. Some years there were excessive staffing that required the transportation so the bus would be at capacity.

Similar Discussion Topics
Recommended LIMS for Trader/Brokerage Company ABC model to assess effectiveness of training and communication in a company Implementing HACCP/BRC for a Logistics Company Innovative and effective communication to inform employees about food safety As per SQF are employees allowed to have neckless or anything hanging around their neck? Where can employees wear hairnets? Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 Cheese company uniforms How do you handle temporary and seasonal employees? Ideal Organizational Chart for a food manufacturing company?