What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Do you include a Root Cause Analysis in Audit CAR's?

Started by , Feb 13 2020 09:51 PM
5 Replies

When you receive a non-conformity during an audit, do you include a root cause analysis in your Corrective Action Report, or simply state the root cause in the corrective action summary?

Thank you in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Determining Root Cause
[Ad]
Hi Juribe,

When I fill out the Corrective Action Report, I do not attach the RCA, but state the root cause (in some cases, I add a bit of info). Our BRC auditor has accepted our submissions with no issues (but then again, this might depend on your auditor). See samples below

Attached Files

1 Like1 Thank

Yes, a root cause must be included for a NC. Most of the audit CARs have a section to input the root cause, if there is not a specified one in your audit, you can include in the corrective actions.

However, a root cause should be a part of your corrective/preventive action response.

Our Audit Reports ask for the Root Cause. We do not attach the entire RCA, just the final determination. For us as well this has been accepted.

NSF has been pretty prickly with us for insufficient root cause analysis. "Eventually I just had to move on with my life and address some of the other piles on my desk" has never been accepted, surprisingly.

1 Like

JFI,  the listed RCA answers in Post 2 could IMO logically generate a further "WHY" ? :smile:

eg Training ?

I suppose it all depends on how many layers of the onion are expected to be peeled.

Similar Discussion Topics
Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Determining Root Cause Third party audit certificate redacted SQF 2.4.3.7 - Hazard Analysis In CFR 111 must we reconfirm suppliers certificate of analysis for flavors and color? Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist