What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Cost-effective and efficient method for washing (interior and exterior) of food delivery van/truck

Started by , Feb 14 2020 01:33 AM
1 Reply

HI,

I recently stumbled upon a brief training material on washing (interior and exterior) of food delivery van/truck should be carried out outside the food production premises.

We usually washed outside the loading area.

Is there any specific criteria, e.g. 

1. must be washed outside the production perimeter?

2. Or a certain metre/kilometre/miles away?

3. must be done by external contractors?

4. Time segregation of actiivity e.g. wash at the end of loading/off loading

Please comment and let me know what is the most appropriate method without having to "put in more money'.

Thank you.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ridiculous cost of Vitamin D testing - is it common? FSVP Development and Implementation Cost Estimated cost of a FSMA Gap Assessment (21CFR117) Low cost solution to 24-hour temperature monitoring? Formula for cost of non-conformance
[Ad]

Hello,

The point, I believe, is to minimize the risk of a cross-contamination of the areas or product that you handle. I do it in an open area, as we leave it to dry, and afterwards sanitize it. We also do a sanitation release process. The best practice is to do it daily, but we do it every week or when necessary. Our procedures and documentation also includes the specific equipments, tools, chemicals, frequency and exceptions. Haven't used external contractors yet, if you use them you should evaluate them and their ways of doing it too.

My two cents.

Regards.

Similar Discussion Topics
Ridiculous cost of Vitamin D testing - is it common? FSVP Development and Implementation Cost Estimated cost of a FSMA Gap Assessment (21CFR117) Low cost solution to 24-hour temperature monitoring? Formula for cost of non-conformance Cost of Food Safety Software Cost of Certification for SQF and Organic Cost of development and Implementation of a FSVP for small clients Approximate cost of implementing a Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) How can we conduct a cost effective mock recall?