What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to do a quality test on 200g container compared with testing on a 1kg container?

Started by , Feb 16 2020 01:27 PM
5 Replies

Hello, 

To start off, I work as quality control manager at exporting dates factory. 

I used to do quality control test on  1 kg, yet when it comes to 200 g dates I can't of course do the same test since it's not the same quality. 

please what do you suggest.

thank you in adavce 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces
[Ad]

Hello, 

To start off, I work as quality control manager at exporting dates factory. 

I used to do quality control test on  1 kg, yet when it comes to 200 g dates I can't of course do the same test since it's not the same quality. 

please what do you suggest.

thank you in adavce 

Hi amina,

Welcome to the Forum ! :Welcome:

Can you clarify what the QC test was for and, perhaps, why you needed 1kg ?

1 Like

Thank you for your answer 

well ! the kind of test is : 

1- Controle caliber 

2- controle physico-chimique 

3-  controle organoleptique.

I am not sure how to adopt these test on 200 g dates. 

in the following paper is a sample of a test sheet I use for the control which I tried to edit to fit for 200 g 

Thank you for your answer 

well ! the kind of test is : 

1- Controle caliber 

2- controle physico-chimique 

3-  controle organoleptique.

I am not sure how to adopt these test on 200 g dates. 

in the following paper is a sample of a test sheet I use for the control which I tried to edit to fit for 200 g 

Hi amina,

Sorry but there is no attachment.

You need to click the "more reply options" box on lower right hand side then use the browse/upload boxes which appear at lower left hand side of new page.

Some tests can be scaled down.

If the unit weight is 200g, is it not possible to combine 5 units of, hopefully, the same batch ?

1 Like

Hi Charles, 

I uploaded the templete. 

Attached Files

Hi amina,

Thks for excel in French.

It's really a question of Procedures and Arithmetic.

Question (1) - I assume you have textbook/reference Standard Procedures (SOPs) for the 18 tests listed in yr excel  which include the required sample weight for the tests?

Qu.(2)  Assuming answer to Qu. 1 is Yes, how many separate samples (and their respective weights) are required for the 18 tests shown in yr excel ?. I expect that many of the tests are done on the same sample.

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Safety, RTE Products, Risk Assessments, and Laboratory Testing Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility