What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Backed up drain, is our freshly packaged product safe for consumption?

Started by , Feb 17 2020 10:03 PM
4 Replies
Well it has been a day. We bottled product today and when we were cleaning up we learned that our floor drains are backed up. The current belief is that it might be a septic backup. The drains did not overflow onto the workspace,but the area is now quarantined until the clog is addressed.

My question is, is our freshly packaged product safe for consumption, or should it be marked DNS?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Test it.

1 Thank

My answer would be "it depends".  How risky is your product?  Is there a chance contamination could have moved from the floor?  Or are your controls on floor and food contact excellent?  Can you hold and test the environment and product as suggested above?  Are there risks aerosols could have been generated (often the case if someone attempted to unblock it before production finished.)  If we're talking a block in the drain which had just happened but no water flowed up out of the drain during production and all production was moved out before cleaning, unless you have a very sensitive product, I'd be inclined to release.

1 Like1 Thank

The risk may also depend on the intended consumer..

1 Thank
Thank you all

Similar Discussion Topics