What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Difficult Supplier who will not provide information....help!

Started by , Feb 21 2020 05:49 PM
6 Replies

Hey Everybody!

I am currently doing my raw and packaging materials list (spreadsheet with ingredients, chemicals, hazards, etc.) I have been emailing with all of our vendors who supply our preforms, caps, labels etc. ( we are a water bottling plant) and I have one supplier of labels that is being very difficult. I have requested the information on all ingredients, as well as their COC and Testing/sampling results to show that their labels are safe to use on food products. they are refusing to give me any information unless I have an official document requesting this information. anyone have one that they would be willing to share with me because I need this ASAP for my consultant and everyone else has been so helpful! Thanks for any help you guys can give me 

Ashley

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How hard or difficult is it to transition from BRC to SQF? Supply chain requirements...finding it difficult to get COA's Difficult to Control CCP points Metal detector too difficult to use and perhaps not necessary? Child Nutrition (CN) Program that is not difficult to implement
[Ad]

Why not just take one of their labels and send it out for an test?

Also, since you mentioned this is for bottled water, isn't the label on the outside of a plastic or glass bottle?

yes this is for a bottle of water, so the label is on the outside, but the guidance on the SQF Code 2.3.2 for Module 2 states 

"A register of all raw material and packaging specifications (including finished product labels) must be kept"

Yes, thank you, I am well aware of the codes.

Task your consultant with a go-around, this is a no impact item, the solution is at hand. You can run an evaluation, write the spec, etc.

Your consultant can do this.

1 Like1 Thank

You can write your requirements for the labels and make that be your specification, Then, ask the manufacturer to acknowledge they will manufacture to your standard.

1 Like4 Thanks

You can write your requirements for the labels and make that be your specification, Then, ask the manufacturer to acknowledge they will manufacture to your standard.

Exactly!  And once that process is done, that makes it the mutually agreed upon specs.

1 Like1 Thank

Yes, thank you, I am well aware of the codes.

Task your consultant with a go-around, this is a no impact item, the solution is at hand. You can run an evaluation, write the spec, etc.

Your consultant can do this.

Did not mean to imply that you didn't know the code, sorry :-(

Similar Discussion Topics
How hard or difficult is it to transition from BRC to SQF? Supply chain requirements...finding it difficult to get COA's Difficult to Control CCP points Metal detector too difficult to use and perhaps not necessary? Child Nutrition (CN) Program that is not difficult to implement Blending difficult dry ingredients Is this difficult or easy for you? Whats So Difficult About Haccp?