What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Finding non-food consultants doing food safety plans

Started by , Feb 28 2020 08:23 PM
3 Replies

Has anyone else run into this and if so, how did you approach it if you did.  I am finding several organizations completing food safety plans with personnel that have no food background or training? I have found that they are pulling information off of the internet but have not worked in a food manufacturer.  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Need help finding SQF training classes (in-person is preferred) Costco addendum finding resulted in SQF deduction Finding a Mentor Best way to deal with a customer finding hair in your product? Finding metal in the packaging materials but not the product
[Ad]

I knew a great HACCP developer that had never stepped foot into a food company, nor took any HACCP training and I'd use his services again if he had not switched to doing something else.

It can work both ways and depends wholly on the individual. People outside of the food world can pay incredible attention to detail with fresh eyes and on the other side of the coin, tested food guys can be a bit too cavalier if they do them all the time. Anyone I have ever reached out to about HACCP and developing plans usually gets reviewed and often has references called. Your plan is super important and requires the extra steps you can take to ensure that you get the best people for the job.

If they don‘t have backgrounds in food and they are working online then I guarantee they are members of this forum lol

Cheers!

I have had mixed experiences with non food people completing Food Safety Plans. I worked with one individual who talked a great game book smart but no ability to create a functional Food Safety Plan for a manufacturing environment. Be careful when looking for consultants, do your research for both yourself and your company. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Need help finding SQF training classes (in-person is preferred) Costco addendum finding resulted in SQF deduction Finding a Mentor Best way to deal with a customer finding hair in your product? Finding metal in the packaging materials but not the product Stuck on finding ways to measure food safety culture Finding Root Cause or Cause of Non Compliance Finding a lab that offers and is certified in a particular AOAC method? Is it acceptable for an auditor to include a finding that was not mentioned during the audit closing meeting? Finding a problem internally before the audit (Quarterly Reviews NC)